We've just launched our new site on September 28th. Things may be a bit broken until we complete the upgrade within the next week.
Posted January 6th, 2014
I've had some time this holiday season to fix some bugs and add some features to the site. I've imported a small database of known codes, which will now show up as verified.
I've also built a new search feature, instant. Instant search will allow you to find a product with ease by searching both the product title and description, as well as by product code as before. If there are no problems with this new search feature, the old one will soon be out of here.
Keep checking the changelog for all the little changes. Thanks to everyone that's helped out with the site.
Posted January 1st, 2014
Keep a lookout for some changes coming this week!
Posted October 7th, 2013
For some strange reason, Godaddy did not automatically renew the domain like they usually do. For this reason, the site has been down for the past few days.
I apologize for the inconvenience. I will be making some calls to find out what happened.
Posted April 10th, 2013
We have just launched our new API! The old one will continue to work until the 1st of November, 2013. The new API provides support for our new feature, alias, which is basically a shortened product name. Perfect for shopping lists!
The new API also brings back slightly different field names, so be sure to double-check your application.
Posted April 6th, 2013
With the database growing in size, searches have begun to get slower and slower. I've just created a new search index in the upc table to speed up searches on item numbers. I've already seen a noticeable drop in load. Lookups could previously take up to 3000 milliseconds, but this has dropped back down to below 150 milliseconds.
Searches using product names are unaffected.
I've also been through the core php files and have optimized them. This also resulted in a noticeable drop in CPU usage.
PS: Changes to the API system coming soon!